Programs You May or May Not Have Heard of:
- Purchase Plus Improvements
– The ability to incorporate renovations into your purchase whether it be a new bathroom, suiting the basement or new windows – our lender and insurer partners may be able to assist at best rates for more information on these programs reach out!
- Green Home Efficiency Rebate
– CMHC’s Eco Plus program offers partial premium refunds to homeowners who purchase climate-friendly homes – receiving the final certificate from the list of eligible third-party providers.
– Renovate an existing home to the EnerGuide label or EnerGuide Renovation Upgrade Report (RUR) for an existing home.
– You may receive up to 25% reimbursement of the insurance premium paid on high-ratio insured mortgages – through the two-step application process – reach out to learn more!
- Cashback – Incentives
– The ability to incorporate the payout of debts & liabilities from cashback at closing
– The ability to receive cashback which could be utilized towards closing costs and moving expenses at completion up to 3% of the mortgage amount
- Canada Greener Homes Initiative
– Grants from $125 to $5,000 to get part of your costs back for eligible home retrofits
– Up to $600.00 as a maximum contribution toward the total costs of your pre and post-retrofit EnerGuide Evaluations along with Interest-Free Loans of up to $40,000 with repayment over 10 years to help you undertake major home retrofits.
- Borrowed Down Payment
– By way of a HELOC, Personal Line of Credit/Loan or Shared Equity Mortgage
– Allows you to get into the market without having saved the full down payment
– Allows you to put as little as 2.5% down from your own resources
– They do have specific criteria and may result in higher insurance premiums
Links below to all the programs for more details: